Advances in audiology have resulted in hearing aids that are smaller and more powerful than ever. The Audiologists at Gavin Audiology and Hearing Aids expertly match your hearing needs, lifestyle and budget with available technology to provide a hearing experience tailored just for you.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Today’s hearing aids are sleek, small and packed with features. Gavin Audiology and Hearing Aids offers in the ear and behind the ear styles.
Completely-in-canal (CIC) devices: These are worn deeply and entirely in the ear canal. They work for mild-to-moderate hearing loss and are cosmetically appealing as they’re almost invisible.
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids: These are worn in the lower portion of the outer ear bowl. They are easy to insert, wear and remove. They have a longer battery life than completely in the canal hearing aids. This style is recommended for mild and moderate hearing losses
- Half-shell in-the-ear (ITE) models: These are larger than ITC devices. They fit in half the bowl of the outer ear. Many feature directional microphones, volume controls and push buttons that activate special settings for different listening environments. They are easier to handle for people with dexterity problems than smaller devices.
- Full-shell ITE hearing aids: These fill the outer ear bowl. Their larger battery provides enough power for even severe hearing losses.
- ReSound Microphone-in-Helix (MIH): ReSound’s Microphone-in-Helix (MIH) custom hearing aid is a solution that brings together the open fit, durability and higher gain of a BTE and mixes it with the discreet, cosmetically-appealing size and easy insertion of an ITE.
- Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aids: These devices help people with mild-to-profound hearing loss. Their longer shape can accommodate more features and a larger battery.
- Mini BTE models: These are worn behind the outer ear. Their ultra-thin tubing discreetly directs sound to the ear. The tubing connects to a tip worn in the ear canal that is small enough that it doesn’t occlude sound.
- Receiver-in-the-ear (RITE) models: These incorporate the speaker of the instrument in the ear tip, instead of in the main body of the instrument. They look like a mini behind the ear model. They are fitted for mild-to-severe hearing losses. Hearing protection
Custom earplugs and earmolds protect your ears against damaging noise levels, wind and water. More comfortable than over the counter devices, they are perfect for long wear.
- Earplugs and earmolds for hunting: Designed to protect hunters from the damaging impacts of rounds fired.
- Earplugs and earmolds for music: Designed to optimize the musician’s experience by filtering out the damaging sounds, but allowing the music to reach the wearer.
- Earplugs and earmolds for swimming: Designed to stop water from entering the ears while swimming. Available in options that float, making them easy to keep track of.
- iCustom: Designed for use with any type of earbud or button-style earphones.
- DefendEar 1: Designed to amplify during situational awareness, but still block out damaging sounds.
- DefendEar 2: Optimized for intermittent or continuous shots.
- DefendEar Hunter: Provides standard digital features and also functions optimally in wind.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Imagine the sound quality of audio streamed directly from your television or another device directly to your hearing aid. Never miss a syllable again.
Cell phone accessories
Let us help you stay connected, in person and on the phone. Accessories stream audio and let you talk hands-free.
Solutions for children and adults allow you to understand speech easily and naturally. Superb sound quality with a wide variety of options.
Excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit make these easy to wear and love. Rechargeable options make life even easier.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Check out our rechargeable hearing aids that feature high-quality noise reduction at a price that fits your budget!
Rich sound and a robust collection of apps make ReSound a favorite brand of techies. You’re in control with apps to customize and adjust your devices.
Highly individualized solutions keep you connected on the go. These small devices let you hear your own voice and the other sounds around you naturally and clearly.
Spectacular sound from smart hearing aids. These devices incorporate Intelligent Hearing that increases the quality of the sound the more you wear them.